SEK Surebond PolySweep X-Treme Wide Joint Paver Sand, Tan
|Delivery time:||Please allow 2-4 weeks for pick up, Shipping is unavailable for this item|
One Sand Does It All
Residential & Commercial Applications:
Driveways, Walkways, Patios, Pool Decks & Concrete Overlays
Concrete & Clay Pavers • Natural Stone • Cast Stone • Porcelain Tile
Regular & X-Treme Wide Joint PolySweep are a blend of native sands conforming to the ASTM C-144 standard, and polymer binders that once activated allow the joints to expand and contract with the elements such as extreme heat/cold and freeze/thaw cycles. Specially formulated with Clear Set Technology® which uses the highest quality, clearest synthetic polymers, PolySweep will not discolor the surface or leave behind a haze.
Polysweep is recommended for joints up to 3/4” (max), 1” is acceptable where pavers intersect. X-Treme Wide Joint PolySweep is specially formulated for joints ranging from 1/8” up to 4″. For best performance, install both PolySweep or X-Treme Wide Joint PolySweep with a minimum depth of 1.5”.
Both products prevent sand erosion from the pavement joints caused by rain and other water run-off, deters weed growth and insect infestation plus reduces overall pavement maintenance. Both products are designed to expand and contract during freeze/thaw cycles and remain flexible to resist cracking.
PolySweep Available Colors: Tan, Gray, Fieldstone, Platinum and Black
X-Treme Wide Joint Available Colors: Tan, Gray, Fieldstone, Platinum and Black
We stock Wide Joint, Tan. It works great on standard joints and is perfect for filling larger gaps. All others are special order
Installation PDF with pictures
- Distribute PolySweep evenly across surface. Sweep sand into joints until full, being careful not to push product over long distances on the surface. (1.5” min depth when using PolySweep, 1.25” min depth when using X-Treme Wide Joint). After joints are filled, sweep excess product from the surface.
- For Concrete Pavers: Run vibratory compactor over the pavement to allow the vibrations to consolidate sand particles into the joints and reduce voids. For Cast Stone or Natural Stone: Use a vibratory rubber roller tamper or a rubber hammer and a piece of wood (2” x 4”).
- Sweep additional sand into the joints if necessary so that the height of the sand is approximately 1/8” below the pavement surface. (Do not overfill joints.) Remove excess product from the surface. Repeat compaction.
- After joints are filled, sweep surface with broom and then use a leaf blower held on slight angle but close to parallel to surface to remove any excess sand/dust from the top of surface. Take care not to remove any sand from joints.
- Using a hose, gently mist the pavement no greater than 500 sf at a time. Allow water to absorb for approximately 5 minutes and repeat misting process three to four times, each time gradually adding more volume of water. The last watering should be a volume of water sufficient enough to rinse off any residual material from the surface.
- In one of the joints, check the moisture depth in the sand with a screwdriver to see that it has penetrated to at least 1½” for pavers and 1 ¼” for natural stone. Replace sand and only apply additional misting if water hasn’t penetrated at least 1½” for pavers and 1 ¼” for natural stone. For optimal joint performance, be certain the entire sand column is fully saturated
- Any residual surface water caught in the texture of the pavers or natural stone should be blown off the surface with a leaf blower.
- Do not apply too much water too fast as to flood the pavement or erode sand from paver joints.
- Prior to applying Polysweep with natural stone, be sure the surface is free of any dust or stone residue by rinsing thoroughly with water. Then, make sure the natural stone and joints are completely dry prior to installing polymeric sand.
- Do not apply this product to any wet or damp surface because the polymeric sand will adhere to the surface and is difficult to remove.
- This product is not designed for vertical applications and is not a substitute for mortar on vertical or horizontal applications.
- Do not mix or dilute polymeric sand with any other product.
Concrete Overlay Additional Instructions:
When using PolySweep on concrete overlays (pavers/stones installed directly on concrete), a minimum of 1% slope to the concrete and a 1” layer of bedding sand on top of concrete is required. Do not allow water to be trapped in the system. Any water that enters the surface of concrete overlay applications must be allowed to escape the sand setting bed at the outside perimeter of the project. If pavers or stone are set directly on top of the concrete, drill 1” drainage holes thru the concrete with a coverage rate of 1 hole/sq. ft. Fill holes with open graded gravel and covered with geotextile (to keep polymeric sand from migrating into the holes). Drainage channels in lieu of holes in the concrete can also be installed. See ICPI for installation details.
PolySweep contains no portland cement. The curing process varies and could take up to 24 hours based on temperature and humidity level. Cool, damp and overcast conditions will increase PolySweep set up time.