Jonathan Green Crabgrass Preventer + New Seeding Lawn Fertilizer
|Delivery time:||Please allow 2-4 weeks for pick up, Shipping is unavailable for this item|
- Fertilizer analysis: 10-15-10
- Does not injure new grass seedlings
- Plant seed and spread crabgrass preventer on the same day
- Feeds lawns for 2 whole months
- Prevents crabgrass and many other grassy weeds from germinating
Jonathan Green Crabgrass Preventer plus New Seeding Lawn Fertilizer feeds the lawn for two full months and hastens seed germination thanks to a new seeding fertilizer formula that is packed with phosphorus. Phosphorus is a key component in fertilizer analysis because it helps new grass roots grow deep and strong.
This fertilizer contains Tupersan® herbicide which prevents crabgrass and other grassy weeds from germinating while allowing new grass seedlings to sprout without competition. Seed a new or existing lawn on the same day as spreading Crabgrass Preventer plus New Seeding Lawn Fertilizer.
When to Apply:
- Apply in the spring prior to germination of crabgrass and other grassy weeds.
- Best time to apply fertilizer is from mid-February through mid-April depending on region.
- Spread product a day or two after mowing and when the lawn is dry.
- Safe to use on newly seeded or sodded lawns.
- Use a rotary or drop lawn spreader.
- Check that the spreader opening at the bottom of the hopper is closed.
- To select the proper spreader setting see the Spreader Settings section in the accordion below.
- Push the lever forward only when ready to spread.
- Apply fertilizer around the perimeter of the lawn to establish a turning area. Then run the spreader back and forth within the area outlined by your first perimeter application. Always allow an overlap to avoid gaps in coverage.
- Sweep any excess granules off of hard surfaces and back onto the lawn.
- Thoroughly irrigate the treated area after application for best results. About 1 ½ inches of water per week is sufficient between rainfall and irrigation, but not to the point of run-off.
- Once watered, wait a day to mow the lawn allowing the product time to activate.
Coverage: 15 lb Bag – 5,000 sq. ft.
Can Be Used When Seeding: Yes
Apply to Dry or Damp Lawn: Dry
Safe for Children & Pets: No
Application Temperature Range: 50° – 75°F
When to Use: Spring or early fall