Jonathan Green Black Beauty Dense Shade
|Delivery time:||Please allow 2-4 weeks|
- Germinates and establishes quickly
- Has been proven to grow where other shady lawn seed mixtures have failed
- Perfect for use around mature trees and shrubs where the penetration of sunlight is limited
- Improved turfgrass varieties possessing beneficial endophytes for natural insect and disease resistance
Jonathan Green’s Black Beauty® Dense Shade Grass Seed contains shade-tolerant Black Beauty® varieties for lawns with big shady trees, large shrubs, or areas shaded by houses or other permanent structures. Black Beauty® Dense Shade contains the four families of cool-season turfgrasses: turf-type tall fescue, Kentucky bluegrass, perennial ryegrass, and fine fescues, which creates great versatility in shady to partial sun lawns. This seed germinates in 14 to 21 days.
- 1 lb Bag
- Overseeding – Seeds up to 600 sq. ft.
- New Lawns – Seeds up to 300 sq. ft.
- 3 lb Bag
- Overseeding – Seeds up to 1,800 sq. ft.
- New Lawns – Seeds up to 900 sq. ft.
- 7 lb Bag
- Overseeding – Seeds up to 4,200 sq. ft.
- New Lawns – Seeds up to 2,100 sq. ft.
- 25 lb Bag
- Overseeding – Seeds up to 15,000 sq. ft.
- New Lawns – Seeds up to 7,500 sq. ft.
Grass Type: Tall and Fine Fescues, Perennial Rye, & Kentucky Bluegrass
Grass Color: Dark green
Recommended Planting Months: For cool season grasses
- Mid-August through mid-October
- Mid-March through mid-May
Sun Tolerance: Good
Shade Tolerance: Excellent
Light Requirements: Partial sun to shade (5 – 6 hours of sun)
Drought Tolerance: Excellent
Insect & Disease Resistance: Good
High Traffic Tolerance: Good
Planting Depth: ¼ inches
Germination Time: 14 – 21 days